Vyze is an Austin-based financial technology start-up that is reinventing the way brands offer financing to their customers. Vyze combines state of the art technology and lending resources together into a platform so businesses can create the most satisfying financing experiences for their customers across every touch point. We propel company growth and enhance brand loyalty for brands while making a positive difference for consumers.
We are looking for a Product Writing and Content Manager who will work with our Product, Marketing, and Engineering leaders to synthesize an understanding of our product vision and its ongoing evolution and communicate it via documentation and presentation for both internal and external audiences. The position will report directly to the Vice President of Product.
At Vyze, it is our mission to unlock the potential of our business, their customers and most importantly our employees. We do this by embracing the diversity of our team and empowering our employees and everyone we work with in the process. We know it takes a strong team working together to build a leading business. We pride ourselves on being savvy in our industry, driven to succeed, and delivering on our promises. Celebrating our successes and acknowledging teammates for great work keeps us motivated to push forward and strive for excellence. That’s what makes us Vyzers.
Who You Are
This position requires strong organizational, planning and communications skills, as well as a technical understanding of enterprise software, software-as-a-service (SaaS), customer IT environments, and rapidly evolving retail industry landscape. As a member of the Product team, you’ll be valued for your technical and subject-matter expertise in the documentation of our products. You’ll be expected to develop your own understanding of our products, our audience, our business objectives, and our standards, and then use that knowledge holistically to craft documentation, including release notes, API and product specifications, product copy language, whitepapers, case studies, blog posts, and training docs, that contributes to our product’s success.
The Product Writing and Content Manager must be comfortable collaborating with product, marketing, engineering, systems architecture, and professional services, as well as with prospects, customers and partners to create documentation for the Vyze platform. You are a tenacious planner who thrives on keeping abreast of rapidly evolving product lines and customer environments and keeping all stakeholders aligned and informed on progress updates and resulting impacts to their business. You also love to make products that are used by people every day even simpler and easier to use and understand.
What you’ll do
- Regularly update key elements of the product documentation library: Product Release Notes, Product Configuration Catalog, Product Specifications Document for each product, and Platform Services Lineup, ensuring their ongoing use by their intended audiences
- Produce documentation, presentations, blog posts, and training materials to represent the product vision, roadmap, and its ongoing evolution to department stakeholders
- Work with internal teams to document key elements of the product, including vision, requirements, metrics, and resulting configurations and training materials
- Write API conceptual, task-oriented, and reference information
- Update our reference architecture as new features are enabled
- Work with user-experience designers to design crisp, clear language to use on labels, on-screen text, error messages, and on-screen guidance
- Transform internal technical publications, such as integration kits and product release notes, into external consumable forms, including formats and layouts, professional publication to external-facing websites, and frequent posts to social media
- Support product marketing efforts through frequent development of product-oriented webinars, events, blog posts, and whitepapers to focus customers and prospects on key value messages of the product’s evolution
- Participate actively in doc and product planning discussions
- Contribute to continuous improvement of doc standards, tools, and processes
- Be a key influencer, driving needed change by collaborating across organizational boundaries, at all levels of the organization
- Participate in the strategic planning for both short-term and long-term product direction
What does it take to do the job?
- Bachelor’s degree in writing or related field
- A minimum of 6-9 years technical writing or publications experience
- Exposure and understanding of the financing, lending, and banking industry is preferred
- Ability to break down complex product requirements and technical documentation into tailored and effective messaging for cross-functional and external audiences
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, including XML, JSON, Restful APIs, Authentication and Authorization, and Single Page Application Architecture
- Understanding and experience with Agile SCRUM methodologies
- Experience in writing programming guides and API reference information
- Experience working with DocBook, DITA, RAML, Slate, Swagger, and/or Confluence is a plus
- Experience using project management tools (especially Jira), bug tracking tools, and diagramming tools is highly desired
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Experience working with teams with ambitious objectives and deadlines
- Ability to interface on a technical level with both management and engineering/development teams
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Passion for delivering projects and communications on time with the highest levels of quality
- Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and resolve issues with a mindset towards execution and delivery
- Team oriented, and thrives in highly collaborative situations
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Experience working in high-growth early-stage, technology startup companies
- A good sense of humor will go a long way at Vyze!
Think you’re up for the challenge? Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org