Vyze is an Austin-based financial technology start-up that is reinventing the way brands offer financing to their customers. Vyze is disrupting the $250 billion retail consumer finance industry by combining state of the art technology and lending resources together into a platform so businesses can create the most satisfying financing experiences for their customers across every touch point. We propel company growth and enhance brand loyalty for brands while making a positive difference for consumers.
At Vyze, it is our mission to unlock the potential of our business, their customers and most importantly our employees. We do this by embracing the diversity of our team and empowering our employees and everyone we work with in the process. We know it takes a strong team working together to build a leading business. We pride ourselves on being savvy in our industry, driven to succeed, and delivering on our promises. Celebrating our successes and acknowledging teammates for great work keeps us motivated to push forward and strive for excellence. That’s what makes us Vyzers.
We are looking for a rock star Data and Reporting Analyst with a strong data analytics and reporting background. This role requires a person who enjoys challenge and complex environments and who has the skills to create queries, manipulate data, and design reports valuable to the business units as well as clients. This position will report to the VP of Production Support, within the Technology organization.
What you’ll do
- Supports various internal teams with the timely delivery of data and reporting on both regular intervals and on demand.
- Responsible for ensuring performance reporting is delivered per contractual obligation to external partners and clients.
- Develops, tests, implements, supports, and monitors reports, as required to support the business.
- Optimizes performance and scalability of reporting databases and reporting systems as necessary to meet business and financial goals.
- Produces necessary data and documentation for training, audits and compliance.
- Identifies, documents and tracks all project activities associated with data and reporting related projects to ensure they are delivered on time and within budget.
- The selected candidate will be expected to identify opportunities for improving system quality and implementing more efficient processes and management of reporting and analytics infrastructure.
- The candidate will be expected to analyze data, reach conclusions, and compose creative presentations and representations of such data.
- Understands business drivers and strategies, and recognizes opportunities for innovation to support strategic initiatives.
- Identifies opportunities for improving system quality and for suggesting improvements to processes and tools.
What does it take to do the job?
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work with limited input and guidance.
- Ability to accurately estimate and honor work commitments.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results, prioritize activities, and to manage time effectively.
- 5+ years working in a production environment with MySQL Databases.
- Familiarity with Percona and MySQL database replication strategies and configuration
- Expertise in SQL Query troubleshooting and performance tuning.
- Experience and familiarity with security best practices and participation in IT audits is desirable.
- Knowledge of RDBMS architecture and troubleshooting is desirable.
- Experience with ERD Modeling & Maintenance is desirable.
- Experience working with large amounts of data.
- Experience with Business Intelligence, analytical and reporting software and tools.
- Advanced MS Excel experience, with working knowledge of logic functions such as Vlookup, Index/Match, and If/Then statements
- Experience with Linux based server operating systems
- Experience with a scripting language such as Bash, PHP, or Python
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or related field with a minimum of 5-8 years’ experience in related field or an acceptable equivalent combination of education related training and experience.
Think you’re up for the challenge? Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org