Vyze is an Austin-based financial technology start-up that is reinventing the way brands offer financing to their customers. Vyze combines state of the art technology and lending resources together into a platform so businesses can create the most satisfying financing experiences for their customers across every touch point. We propel company growth and enhance brand loyalty for brands while making a positive difference for consumers.
We are looking for a rock star Production Support Engineer with a strong Linux, SQL, and system troubleshooting background. This role requires a person who enjoys challenge and complex environments and who has the skills to determine the root cause of an issue, take immediate corrective action, and direct the development team to a permanent solution. This position will report to the VP of Production Support, within the technology organization.
At Vyze, it is our mission to unlock the potential of our business, their customers and most importantly our employees. We do this by embracing the diversity of our team and empowering our employees and everyone we work with in the process. We know it takes a strong team working together to build a leading business. We pride ourselves on being savvy in our industry, driven to succeed, and delivering on our promises. Celebrating our successes and acknowledging teammates for great work keeps us motivated to push forward and strive for excellence. That’s what makes us Vyzers.
What you’ll do
- Monitors production systems, scheduling tools, jobs and processes.
- Responds to and addresses issues identified by Merchants, Retailers, and other users.
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues.
- Collaborates closely and provides services to developers, analysts, and other technology and business resources.
- Maintains a constant focus on process and system improvements and acts on these observations to ensure system stability and ease of maintenance.
- Supports infrastructure updates and maintenance as required.
- Participate in on-call rotations for evening and weekend support.
- Other Duties as Assigned
What does it take to do the job?
- 5+ years in a production support or other technology role involving analyzing, troubleshooting, and correcting issues.
- Familiar with creation of Incident Reports and Root Cause Analysis Reports.
- Must possess a working knowledge in the following technologies:
- Strong – MySQL
- Linux – Command Line
- Cron or similar scheduling tool.
- Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, etc.
- Python and Perl or other scripting languages a plus
- Ability to read and comprehend (at a basic level) multiple programming languages
- Understanding of change management, configuration management and release management processes
- Ability to thrive in a challenging, extremely fast paced environment. Ability to manage multiple projects & tasks with multiple priorities
- A team player with the ability to work with all functional areas within the organization including senior management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have a service-oriented attitude with excellent problem solving and analytical skills. Possesses the ability to work independently, self-motivated and highly focused.
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail oriented with ability to follow documented procedures accurately and consistently.
- Results oriented and highly flexible individual
Think you’re up for the challenge? Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com