Vyze is an exciting early stage growing company with an innovative technology platform that provides retailers with a range of payment products at point of need. Based in Austin, Texas, Vyze is transforming the way consumers’ access credit at point of need, beginning with retail credit. We thrive in a culture of openness, transparency, innovation, and most importantly execution.
At Vyze, it is our mission to unlock the potential of our business, their customers and most importantly our employees. We do this by embracing the diversity of our team and empowering our employees and everyone we work with in the process. We know it takes a strong team working together to build a leading business. We pride ourselves on being savvy in our industry, driven to succeed, and delivering on our promises. Celebrating our successes and acknowledging teammates for great work keeps us motivated to push forward and strive for excellence. That’s what makes us Vyzers.
Who You Are
We are looking for a Project Manager who is primarily responsible for providing project management support in a complex dynamic environment. This person must excel at interacting with clients and handling several projects concurrently. The Project Manager will work with clients, stakeholders and partners from the beginning to end of a project to define, plan and execute according to objectives. This may also include supporting functional testing and training.
- Manage execution for all phases of the project: initiate, plan, test, execute and close.
- Drive the project and monitor overall project performance, and quality
- Manage and facilitate project kick off, while firming client solution with project team to ensure business needs are met.
- Manage the project plan including project status, project milestones , and project deliverables
- Facilitate decision making as it relates to the overall quality and execution of the project
- Establish project roles and responsibilities, analyze availability of resources and determine resource allocation within each given project
- Act as a catalyst to resolve project issues and escalate when necessary
- Acts as a liaison between business units, technology teams and support teams
Required Skills, Experience, & Qualifications
- Prefer a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a minimum of 5+ years experience in related field
- Proficiency using current project management software (such as MS Project, Asana, Basecamp, etc.) with an aptitude to learn new software tools in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong attention to detail as well as ability to proactively look at the ‘big picture’ for project/customer short and long term goals
- Excellent client facing and communication skills, written and verbal, as well as solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills required.
- Familiarity with project management methodologies
- Proven ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Participate in the planning and solution discovery of the customer product and technical culture of the company
- Strong experience scheduling, preparing presentations and status reports
- Superb written and oral communication skills required
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to work as part of a project team
- High energy, positive, “can do” attitude, team oriented, high degree of initiative
- Ability to work in a startup type of environment, while helping build out mature organization
- 0-15% required overnight travel and flexible hours offered, may require non-standard business hours based on client needs
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience in Consumer Lending or Retail industry
- Knowledge of retail point of sale and payment processing systems helpful
- Experience working with technical teams using the Agile SCRUM development methodology
- Jira and Confluence experience preferred
- PMP is very nice to have (Not mandatory but huge plus)
- Full software life cycle development experience (not required, but nice bonus)
Think you’re up for the challenge? Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org