Vyze is an Austin-based financial technology start-up that is reinventing the way brands offer financing to their customers. Vyze combines state of the art technology and lending resources together into a platform so businesses can create the most satisfying financing experiences for their customers across every touch point. We propel company growth and enhance brand loyalty for brands while making a positive difference for consumers.
We are looking for a senior product manager who will work with our customers, research the market, define a game changing vision, and deliver requirements to enhance the features and functionalities of our innovative financial technology platform. The position will report directly to the Vice President of Product Management.
At Vyze, it is our mission to unlock the potential of our business, their customers and most importantly our employees. We do this by embracing the diversity of our team and empowering our employees and everyone we work with in the process. We know it takes a strong team working together to build a leading business. We pride ourselves on being savvy in our industry, driven to succeed, and delivering on our promises. Celebrating our successes and acknowledging teammates for great work keeps us motivated to push forward and strive for excellence. That’s what makes us Vyzers.
Who You Are
This position requires strong problem solving, planning, and communications skills, as well as a technical understanding of enterprise software, software-as-a-service (SaaS), customer IT environments, and rapidly evolving security and compliance requirements associated with financial technologies. Exposure and understanding of the financing, lending, and banking industry is preferred. The senior product manager must be comfortable working closely with sales, marketing, engineering and professional services, as well as with prospects, customers and partners. You are a tenacious thought-leader who thrives on the challenge of solving complex problems; a passionate product management professional with a solid history of successfully launching, managing and leading product roadmaps.
What you’ll do
- Envision and define requirements to move the product through our roadmap
- Discover and validate market problems and/or opportunities
- Actively listen to users, from the ground up, to define product requirements that deliver greater benefits, improve ease of use, and evoke strong positive emotional association with the product and with Vyze
- Internalize and represent the “Voice of the Customer” to the team throughout the product lifecycle, using it to shape the look, feel, flow, and functionality of the product experience
- Transform customer insights into actionable and prioritized business and product requirements
- Regularly and frequently measure how we are doing and drive priorities to improve
- Coordinate between departments regarding product status, direction, and requirements
- Interface and engage with the entire team – including stakeholders, other product and/or project managers, and external vendors, to capture feedback and drive to results
- Participate in the strategic planning for both short-term and long-term product direction
- Communicate the product vision to the team and ensure work is directed towards that vision
- Lead, evangelize and influence through a position with significant scope and duties. Be a key influencer, driving needed change by collaborating across organizational boundaries, at all levels of the organization
- Report to the VP of Product Management
What does it take to do the job?
- A minimum of 8 years experience in software product management, or similar
- Exposure and understanding of the financing, lending, and banking industry is preferred
- Ability to create/manage large, complex requirements, breaking them down into specific requirements and prioritize those requirements, based on business needs
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts
- Experience managing cloud-based software, preferably SaaS products
- Solid understanding and experience with Agile SCRUM methodologies
- Demonstrated ability in using customer data to make decisions
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Experience working with teams with ambitious objectives and deadlines
- Ability to interface on a technical level with both management and engineering/development teams
- Ability to interface with users and empathize with their needs
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to effectively juggle multiple tasks and multiple, potentially conflicting priorities
- Passion for delivering projects on time with the highest levels of quality
- Execution focus, ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and resolve issues
- Team oriented, and thrives in highly collaborative situations
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interacting with both engineering and business teams
- Experience working in high-growth early-stage, technology startup companies
- A good sense of humor will go a long way at Vyze!
Think you’re up for the challenge? Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com