Vyze is an Austin-based financial technology start-up that is reinventing the way brands offer financing to their customers. Vyze combines state of the art technology and lending resources together into a platform so businesses can create the most satisfying financing experiences for their customers across every touch point. We propel company growth and enhance brand loyalty for brands while making a positive difference for consumers.
We are looking for a senior project manager software developer with a knack for working with clients and a love of seeing projects through to completion. The project manager will work with clients, stakeholders and partners from the beginning to end of a project to define, plan and execute according to objectives. This may also include supporting functional testing and training.
At Vyze, it is our mission to unlock the potential of our business, their customers and most importantly our employees. We do this by embracing the diversity of our team and empowering our employees and everyone we work with in the process. We know it takes a strong team working together to build a leading business. We pride ourselves on being savvy in our industry, driven to succeed, and delivering on our promises. Celebrating our successes (did we mention we have an in house kegerator?) keeps us motivated to push forward and strive for excellence. That’s what makes us Vyzers.
who you are
You’re a seasoned product manager that has a track record for success and is looking to continue on that streak. You know how important it is to build a relationship with your clients to keep them happy throughout the production process. You’re an expert at juggling multiple projects and doing it well. The idea of working in an early stage environment excites you, and you feel like you can bring a lot to the table. You know how to motivate a team to work together to deliver a superior product set up experience and ensure their success.
what you’ll do at vyze
- Manage project execution for all phases of the project: project kick-off, scope and requirements gathering, development, testing, training, schedule and project risks
- Drive the project and monitor overall project performance and project quality
- Identify and mitigate project risks; ensure that management is aware of these risks. Manage project milestones and timelines
- Communicate information to management and stakeholders project information and status
- Facilitate decision making as it relates to the overall quality and execution of the project
- Establish project roles and responsibilities, analyze availability of resources and determine resource allocation within each given project
- Act as a catalyst to resolve project issues and escalate when necessary
- Acts as a liaison between business units, technology teams and support teams
what does it take to do the job
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a minimum of 5+ years experience in related field
- Fully proficient with MS Office Suite software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook). Also fully proficient with Microsoft Project and Visio
- Strong attention to detail as well as ability to proactively look at the ‘big picture’ for project/customer short and long term goals
- Strong experience scheduling, preparing presentations and status reports
- Superb written and oral communication skills required
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to work as part of a project team
- High energy, positive, “can do” attitude, team oriented, high degree of initiative
- Experience in Consumer Lending or Retail industry, knowledge of retail point of sale and payment processing systems helpful
- Experience working with technical teams using the Agile SCRUM development methodology
- Jira and Confluence experience preferred
- Requires travel and may require non-standard business hours based on client needs
Think you’re up for the challenge? Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org