Market Development Representative
Vyze is an Austin-based financial technology start-up that is reinventing the way brands offer financing to their customers. Vyze combines state of the art technology and lending resources together into a platform so businesses can create the most satisfying financing experiences for their customers across every touch point. We propel company growth and enhance brand loyalty for brands while making a positive difference for consumers.
At Vyze, it is our mission to unlock the potential of our business, their customers and most importantly our employees. We do this by embracing the diversity of our team and empowering our employees and everyone we work with in the process. We know it takes a strong team working together to build a leading business. We pride ourselves on being savvy in our industry, driven to succeed, and delivering on our promises. Celebrating our successes and acknowledging teammates for great work keeps us motivated to push forward and strive for excellence. That’s what makes us Vyzers.
About the Role
Founded in 2008, Vyze was born with the goal of modernizing the retail credit experience and making retail credit accessible to everyone. After raising Series A funding from Austin Ventures in 2009, we launched our first retail client in 2010. In the last 8 years, we have grown our team, lender network, and customer base. In 2017, we closed our Series C funding and in 2018, we are looking for our first Market Developer to take our sales efforts to the next level.
In this role, you will be the first Market Developer to join the Sales organization at Vyze. You will need to be adaptable, agile, and creative. You will play an integral part in testing and proving the value of the Market Development role at our company. This is a unique opportunity for candidates with lead generation or inside sales experience and an entrepreneurial mindset. We will be looking to you to validate the business case for Market Development by driving net-new pipeline and penetrating a shortlist of strategic retail accounts through creative, methodical outreach. If you enjoy the thrill of the hunt and the challenges that come with pursuing Executives and Business Owners in large, complex organizations, this job may be for you.
Who You Are
Market Development is a critical component of our sales organization. As the “tip of the spear”, you will source prospective customers and open new sales conversations / qualify opportunities for our Account Executives.
You will be on the front lines of our business and as such, you must be comfortable with outbound prospecting – calls, emails, texts, LinkedIn messages, etc. – to communicate our value proposition and open conversations with prospective buyers to help build our sales pipeline. Your primary responsibilities will support our outbound sales efforts.
What you’ll do
- Account and Contact research, data entry, and CRM record management
- Outbound calls and emails to prospective customers
- Scheduling and running initial qualification calls with prospective customers
- Opportunity creation and qualification
- Timely and accurate internal communication to arm Account Executives for success (i.e. insights and intelligence about prospective customers)
- Collaboration with Marketing on events, content, and follow up on inbound leads
Required Skills and Experience
- Inside Sales, Lead Generation, or Sales Development/Market Development experience
- Ability to quickly assess and understand a prospect’s pains and align our value proposition to their pain and/or needs
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Adaptability and tolerance for change
- Consultative selling skills
- Exceptional listening skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to communicate across all levels of a business
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Experience working in Fintech with a concentration in consumer lending or retail industry
Think you’re up for the challenge? Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org