Production Support Analyst
Vyze is an Austin-based financial technology start-up that is reinventing the way brands offer financing to their customers. Vyze combines state of the art technology and lending resources together into a platform so businesses can create the most satisfying financing experiences for their customers across every touch point. We propel company growth and enhance brand loyalty for brands while making a positive difference for consumers.
At Vyze, it is our mission to unlock the potential of our business, their customers and most importantly our employees. We do this by embracing the diversity of our team and empowering our employees and everyone we work with in the process. We know it takes a strong team working together to build a leading business. We pride ourselves on being savvy in our industry, driven to succeed, and delivering on our promises. Celebrating our successes and acknowledging teammates for great work keeps us motivated to push forward and strive for excellence. That’s what makes us Vyzers.
Who You Are
Production Support Analyst with basic Linux, SQL, and system troubleshooting skills. This is an entry-level role that requires a person who enjoys challenges and who has the skills to learn quickly and then apply new knowledge to a complex technical environment.
What you’ll do
- Monitor production systems, scheduling tools, jobs and processes
- Respond to and addresses issues identified by merchants, retailers, and other users
- Troubleshoot and resolves issues
- Collaborate closely with and provides services to developers, analysts, and other technology and business resources
- Maintain a constant focus on process and system improvements and acts on these observations to ensure system stability and ease of maintenance
- Support infrastructure updates and maintenance as required
- Participate in on-call rotations for evening and weekend support
- Other Duties as Assigned
Required Skills and Experience
- 1 Year experience in a Production Support environment or 1 Year of courseware in computer systems acceptable.
- Familiarity with troubleshooting and problem resolving techniques used in computer technology.
- Must possess an understanding of the following technologies:
- Linux – Command Line
- Cron or similar scheduling tool.
- Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, etc.
- Ability to comply with Change Management, Configuration Management and Release Management processes
- Ability to thrive in a challenging, extremely fast paced environment. Ability to manage multiple projects & tasks with multiple priorities
- A team player with the ability to work with all functional areas within the organization including senior management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have a service-oriented attitude with excellent problem solving and analytical skills. Possesses the ability to work independently, self-motivated and highly focused.
- Strong learning skills
- Detail oriented with ability to follow documented procedures accurately and consistently.
- Results oriented and highly flexible individual
- Python and Perl or other scripting languages a plus
Think you’re up for the challenge? Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org