Quality Assurance Tester
Vyze is an Austin-based financial technology start-up that is reinventing the way brands offer financing to their customers. Vyze combines state of the art technology and lending resources together into a platform so businesses can create the most satisfying financing experiences for their customers across every touch point. We propel company growth and enhance brand loyalty for brands while making a positive difference for consumers.
At Vyze, it is our mission to unlock the potential of our business, their customers and most importantly our employees. We do this by embracing the diversity of our team and empowering our employees and everyone we work with in the process. We know it takes a strong team working together to build a leading business. We pride ourselves on being savvy in our industry, driven to succeed, and delivering on our promises. Celebrating our successes and acknowledging teammates for great work keeps us motivated to push forward and strive for excellence. That’s what makes us Vyzers.
Who You Are
The Quality Assurance Tester is responsible for writing and executing both manual and automated testing of products and functionality on our innovative platform connecting retailers and lenders to provide credit opportunities to their customers.
What you’ll do
- Author and maintain test suites for front and back-end of finance platform in Test Rail.
- Test feature tickets as assigned via Agile Process in JIRA, as well as fully document any defects found
- Perform Client Testing activities to onboard new lenders and retailers onto financial platform
- Work alongside both internal and external stakeholders to understand use-cases, resolve issues, and report progress across both Product and Client Testing activities
- Communicate with internal teams ranging from Engineering and Product to Delivery and Customer Success
- Be part of a revolving on-call support team for existing applications in production
- Participate in building a world-class QA organization that can scale to meet the challenges of a fast-growing finance technology organization
Required Skills and Experience
- 4+ years of Quality Assurance / Quality Control – Finance Industry preferred but not required
- Experience in Waterfall, Agile/Scrum processes
- Experience with JIRA, Remedy, or similar software defect/enhancement ticketing tool
- Demonstrated ability to author test cases complete with steps and screen shots
- Passion for delivering quality not just in product, but in process and communications
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills and enjoys taking on challenges in a highly collaborative team
- Experience with Kanban
- Previous QA experience in retail, credit, financial services, mobile banking and payments
- Previous QA experience in a brisk environment with time-to-market products and overlapping schedules
- Experience testing front-end (web-based) UIs as well as back-end APIs
- Linux/MySQL knowledge from a user-level
- Log file analysis (system and XML) and demonstrated root-cause ability
- Ability to edit and execute Python/Behave automation scripts
Think you’re up for the challenge? Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com