Vyze is an Austin-based financial technology start-up that is reinventing the way brands offer financing to their customers. Vyze combines state of the art technology and lending resources together into a platform so businesses can create the most satisfying financing experiences for their customers across every touch point. We propel company growth and enhance brand loyalty for brands while making a positive difference for consumers.
At Vyze, it is our mission to unlock the potential of our business, their customers and most importantly our employees. We do this by embracing the diversity of our team and empowering our employees and everyone we work with in the process. We know it takes a strong team working together to build a leading business. We pride ourselves on being savvy in our industry, driven to succeed, and delivering on our promises. Celebrating our successes and acknowledging teammates for great work keeps us motivated to push forward and strive for excellence. That’s what makes us Vyzers.
The Sr. DevOps Enginner is a critical role at Vyze. The role demands highly skilled and technical thought leadership and experience in multipl disciplines. This role requires a strong understanding of continuous integration principals and management, primarily in the engineering and infrastructure systems.
- 10+ years of Overall technology industry experience with an emphasis on delivery, optimization, automation and continuous improvement
- Broad Information Technology experience running / supporting high performing application delivery teams
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and outside the box coupled with practical execution to solve multi-dimensional, complex business and technology challenges
- Demonstrated initiative and creativity; strategic thinker with proven analytical abilities
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and have good communication skills
- Ability to build rapport, gain respect and appropriately exercise authority in a collaborative, cross-functional environment.
- Proven ability to communicate with all levels, influence others, inspire/motivate the team and solve problems/remove obstacles in a timely manner
- Strong knowledge of SDLC including Agile scrum experience
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum 5+ years of build automation and continuous integration experience in a DevOps shop Eg. SaltStack Jenkins, Docker, etc.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience with Atlassian tools like GIT /Stash / Jira / Confluence
- Experience with VMware.
- Strong scripting background (Perl/Python/Bash/Shell)
- Strong exposure with Java deployment
- Strong infrastructure background spanning creation & maintenance of environments ; assessing usage & optimizing for cost and performance
- Strong performance tuning background
- Linux (Debian)
- Debian Package Management
- Bash Scripting
- Python Scripting
- Atlassian Tools
- Bind NDS
- Java Deployment
- Experience with ASA Firewalls a plus.