Lead Software Engineer
Vyze is an exciting early stage growing company with an innovative technology platform that provides retailers with a range of payment products at point of need. Based in Austin, Texas, Vyze is transforming the way consumers’ access credit at point of need, beginning with retail credit. We thrive in a culture of openness, transparency, innovation, and most importantly execution.
We are looking for a strong technical lead software engineer with a passion for delivering great products in a fast-paced environment. Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of a world-class engineering team building a software platform that is disrupting the consumer finance industry? If so, Vyze may have an opportunity for you.
In this role you will be responsible for designing and driving implementation of products and functionality on our innovative platform connecting retailers and lenders to provide credit opportunities to their customers. If you have a track record of designing and developing customer focused solutions and ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies then this is the role for you.
- Develop new web applications and services from the ground up.
- Rapidly iterate on the transactional components of a multi-sided technology platform that is connecting an increasing number of lenders, retailers and consumers
- Own features and functionality from design through deployment by delivering robust web apps and API services and providing Tier 3 technical level support
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Provide technical leadership, mentorship and coaching to developers on the team
- Drive technical excellence and innovation and help the team build systems and solutions, not just software.
- Help capture and organize reusable knowledge.
Required Skills, Experience, & Qualifications
- 8+ years of software development experience
- Proven track record in a technical leadership role
- Strong command of idiomatic Python
- Experience building web apps, services and system integrations using the Django framework (or equivalent)
- Designing APIs and building secure “Big” and RESTful web services
- Proficient in relational database concepts and a good command of SQL
- Proven track record of solving complex technical problems with smart and elegant solutions
- Willingness and ability to work with various technologies based on the business needs
- Passionate about software development
- Embodies the principles of Software Craftsmanship
- Solid understanding of developing and deploying software at scale
- Additional knowledge and experience in:
- Agile development, particularly Scrum
- Git, Docker, Jenkins, Stash, Jira, Confluence
- Cloud-native architectures, stacks and applications
- Distributed databases and systems (e.g. Kafka, etcd, Zookeeper)
- Modern Frontend frameworks and libraries (e.g. AngularJS, React)
- API management, business rules management systems, workflow systems, and decision engines
- Building software products and solutions in the retail, credit, financial services, mobile banking and payments industry
- eCommerce, origination products (e.g. HCI, Zoot Enterprises), Retail POS applications, and payment processing systems
Think you’re up for the challenge? Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com