Retailers & Customers
Privacy Statement For Retailers
Your Customer Data is owned by you. Not only that, but Vyze treats your Customer Data as if it was private. We don’t sell it to anyone and we don’t use it, except in a limited set of circumstances (e.g. to run our services, if we are compelled by a subpoena, or if you’ve given us permission to do so). Customer Data includes Personal Information, Non-Personal Information and Usage Information of your customers. Personal Information identifies your customers personally, such as their name, address, email address, Social Security number or phone number. It also includes information about your customers that doesn’t identify them personally, like gender, income or what types of financial products they are interested in (Non-Personal Information). When we combine information that isn’t Personal Information (like Non-Personal Information or Usage Information, which we explain below) with Personal Information, we treat it like Personal Information for as long as it is combined.
Financial Institutions. We share your Customer Data with those authorized financial institutions that are connected to you as part of the Vyze Financial Center and with whom you have a direct contractual relationship with.
We hold your Customer Data securely. Read our Security Policy for more information.
1. What Information does Vyze collect?
When you as a Retailer decide to use Vyze Services, we collect information relating to you and your use of our Services from a variety of sources. These are listed below. The sections afterward describe what we do with this information.
Information we collect directly from you as a Retailer
Billing information. If you make a payment to Vyze, we require you to provide your billing details, such as a name, address, email address and, in some instances, financial information corresponding to your selected method of payment (e.g. a credit card number and expiration date or a bank account number). If you provide a billing address, we will regard that as the location of the account holder.
Customer data: We store your Customer Data for you.
Other data you intentionally share. We may collect your personal information or data if you submit it to us in other contexts. For example, if you provide us with a testimonial, or participate in a Vyze challenge or contest.
2. How does Vyze use the information we collect
· To provide you with our Services.
o This includes providing you with customer support, which requires us to access your information to assist you.
o Certain features of our Services use the content of your Customer Data and your account information in additional ways. Feature descriptions will clearly identify where this is the case. For example, you may allow us to aggregate the Customer Data with Customer Data from other Retailers. We may then report statistics about the aggregated (and de-identified) data sent to you and other Retailers.
To manage our Services. We internally use your information, including certain Customer Data, for the following limited purposes:
To monitor, maintain, and improve our Services and features. We internally perform statistical and other analysis on information we collect (including customer data, usage data, device data, referral data, question and response data and information from page tags) to analyze and measure user behavior and trends, to understand how people use our Services, and to monitor, troubleshoot and improve our Services, including to help us evaluate or devise new features. We may use your information for internal purposes designed to keep our Services secure and operational, such as for troubleshooting and testing purposes, and for service improvement, marketing, research and development purposes.
To prevent potentially illegal activities.
To screen for and prevent undesirable or abusive activity. For example, we have automated systems that screen content for phishing activities, spam, and fraud.
To create new Services, features or content. We may use your Customer Data and metadata (that is, data about the characteristics of a content) for our internal purposes to create and provide new services, features or content. In relation to metadata, we may look at statistics like response rates, question and answer word counts, and the average number of questions in a content and publish interesting observations about these for informational or marketing purposes. When we do this, neither individual Retailers nor Customers will be identified or identifiable unless we have obtained their permission.
To contact you about your service or account. We occasionally send you communications of a transactional nature (e.g. service-related announcements, billing-related matters, changes to our Services or policies). You can’t opt out of these communications since they are required to provide our Services to you.
To contact you for marketing purposes. We will only do this if you have consented to our contacting you for this purpose.
To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the Customer Data we hold to determine how to respond.
3. With whom do we share or disclose your information?
When might we disclose your Customer Data to third parties? Only for a limited number of reasons. We share your information with our service providers who help us to provide our Services to you. We contractually bind these service providers to keep your information confidential and to use it only for the purpose of providing their Services. By using our Services, you authorize Vyze to sub-contract in this manner on your behalf. In rare circumstances, we may share information if required by law, or in a corporate restructuring or acquisition context.
We may disclose:
- Aggregated or de-identified information to third parties to improve or promote our Services. No individuals can reasonably be identified or linked to any part of the information we share with third parties to improve or promote our Services.
- Your information if required or permitted by law. We may disclose your information as required or permitted by law, or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena, or other legal process served on us.
- Your information if there’s a change in business ownership or structure. If ownership of all or substantially all of our business changes, or we undertake a corporate reorganization (including a merger or consolidation) or any other action or transfer between Vyze entities, you expressly consent to Vyze transferring your information to the new owner or successor entity so that we can continue providing our Services. If required, Vyze will notify the applicable data protection agency in each jurisdiction of such a transfer in accordance with the notification procedures under applicable data protection laws.
- Information you expressly consent to be shared. For example, we may expressly request your permission to provide your contact details to third parties for various purposes, including to allow those third parties to contact you for marketing purposes. (You may later revoke your permission, but if you wish to stop receiving communications from a third party to which we provided your information with your permission, you will need to contact that third party directly.)
4. What are your rights to your information?
- Update your account details. You can update your registration and other account information by contacting our Customer Success Team.
- Access and correct your personal information. As an account holder, you may access and correct certain personal information that Vyze holds about you by contacting our Customer Success Team. Some account holders and other individuals have certain legal rights to obtain information of whether we hold personal information about them, to access personal information we hold about them, and to obtain its correction, update, amendment or deletion in appropriate circumstances. Requests to exercise these rights may be directed to our Customer Success Team. These rights are subject to some exceptions, such as where giving you access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals. We will respond to your request to exercise these rights within a reasonable time and, where required by law or where we deem it otherwise appropriate and practicable to do so, we will honor your request.
- Cancel your account. To cancel and delete your account, please contact our Customer Success Team. Deleting your account will cause all the Customer Data in the account to be permanently deleted from our systems within a reasonable time period, as permitted by law, and will disable your access to any other Services that require a Vyze account. We will respond to any such request, and any appropriate request to access, correct, update or delete your personal information within the time period specified by law (if applicable) or without excessive delay. We will promptly fulfill requests to delete personal data unless the request is not technically feasible or such data is required to be retained by law (in which case we will block access to such data, if required by law).
5. For how long do we retain your data? We generally retain your data for as long as you have an account with us, or to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements. Data that is deleted from our servers in accordance with our Data Retention Policy and may remain as residual copies on offsite backup media.
Security, cookies and other important information
- Security. Details about Vyze’s security practices are available in our Security Policy. We are committed to handling your personal information and data with integrity and care. However, regardless of the security protections and precautions we undertake, there is always a risk that your personal data may be viewed and used by unauthorized third parties as a result of collecting and transmitting your data through the Internet. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information or Customer Data, contact our Customer Success Team.
- Data locations. Our servers are based in the United States, so your personal information will be hosted and processed by us in the United States.
- To make our site easier to use. If you use the “Remember me” feature when you sign into your account, we may store your username in a cookie to make it quicker for you to sign in whenever you return to Vyze.
- To advertise to you. We, or our service providers and other third parties we work with, may place cookies when you visit our website and other websites or when you open emails that we send you, in order to provide you with more tailored marketing content (about our Services or other services), and to evaluate whether this content is useful or effective.
Privacy Statement For Customers
IF YOU LOG IN THE VYZE FINANCIAL PLATFORM (YOU ARE A “CUSTOMER”):
We share your information with financial institutions. Vyze only shares your information with those financial institutions that have a direct relationship with the Retailer in order to process your application. These financial institutions choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers like you the right to limit some but not all sharing they do. Federal law also requires financial institutions to tell you how they collect, share, and protect your personal information. If you have any questions about the way in which your Customer Data is shared by these financial institutions, please contact them directly as Vyze is not responsible for the manner in which they handle your information.
We don’t sell your Customer Data to third parties. Vyze doesn’t sell or share your information to third party advertisers or marketers (although the Retailer might, so check with them). Vyze merely acts as a custodian on behalf of the Retailer who controls your data.
1.What information does Vyze collect?
Information we collect directly from you
- Customer Data: this includes Personal Information: this is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, email address, Social Security number or phone number; Non-Personal Information: this is information about you or your household that doesn’t identify you personally, like your gender, income or what types of financial products you’re interested in.
- information relating to your use of our Services (see “Usage Information” below).
- If you have any questions about the way in which your Customer Data is collected, processed, or share, please contact the Retailer directly as Vyze is not responsible for the collection of the Customer Data and is only acting on the Retailer’s behalf.
Information we collect about you from other sources
- In addition to the Customer Data, we automatically collect certain information about how you access and interact with our Services (“Usage Information”). This Usage Information is a key part of how we improve your Vyze experience and provide more personalized insights and recommendations. We and our business partners may use various technologies to collect and store Usage Information in connection with our Services. These may include things like cookies, browser web storage (e.g., HTML5), web beacons and similar technologies. There are three types of Usage Information we may Usage data.We collect usage data about you whenever you interact with our Services.
- Information Third Parties Provide About You. Many of our features rely on information about you that we collect from third parties, such as the free credit reports and credit scores we request on your behalf from financial institutions. We may also work with different third party data partners to supplement the Usage Information and other information we collect directly from you. For example, our business partners may provide us with information about special offers available based on your credit profile so that we can give you more personalized recommendations. We might also collect information from other users like you through things like a member referral program.
2.How does Vyze use the information we collect?
We share your information with financial institutions. Vyze also shares your information with those financial institutions that have a direct relationship with the Retailer. These financial institutions choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers like you the right to limit some but not all sharing they do. Federal law also requires them to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. If you have any questions about the way in which your Customer Data is handled and shared by these financial institutions, please contact them directly as Vyze is not responsible for the manner in which they handle your information.
3. What are your rights to your information?
- Contact the Retailer to access and correct your responses and personal information.Because we collect information on behalf of Retailers, you will need to contact the Retailer if you have any questions about your information, or if you want to access, update, or delete anything in your application.
- Contact the financial institution to inquiry on their sharing policies. Because we collect responses on behalf of Retailers, and share it with those financial institutions that have been authorized by the Retailer, you will need to contact the Retailer if you have any questions about how the financial institution is using your information. Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires them to tell you how they collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please request a copy of their privacy policies if you have any questions as Vyze is not responsible for the way in which they handle your information.