Vyze is an Austin-based financial technology start-up that is reinventing the way the world’s largest retailers and manufacturers offer financing to their customers. Vyze combines state of the art technology and lending resources together into a platform so businesses can create the most satisfying financing experiences for their customers across every touch point. We propel company growth and enhance brand loyalty for retail and manufacturing brands while making a positive difference for consumers.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager who will work with customers on both sides of our platform, research the market, define a game changing vision, and deliver requirements to enhance the features and functionalities of our innovative financial technology platform. The position will report directly to the Vice President of Product Management.
At Vyze, it is our mission to unlock the potential of our business, their customers and most importantly our employees. We do this by embracing the diversity of our team and empowering our employees and everyone we work with in the process. We know it takes a strong team working together to build a leading business. We pride ourselves on being savvy in our industry, driven to succeed, and delivering on our promises. Celebrating our successes and acknowledging teammates for great work keeps us motivated to push forward and strive for excellence. That’s what makes us Vyzers.
This is a new role for the company. The ideal candidate will play a pivotal role building impactful and scalable financial product solutions – through lender partnerships – designed to support the financial inventory needs of the world’s largest retailers and manufacturers. If you’re excited about leveraging Vyze’s audience to integrate, enhance, and amplify the next wave of innovative, data-driven B2C and B2B financial products, this will be an exciting career move for you. To be successful in this role you will need to be a data-driven innovator, influencer, business process wonk, problem solver, and great communicator.
You will be part of a dynamic team comprised of strategic thinkers, product designers, and proven executors. You will define and design our end-to-end financial product strategy and management processes across our omni-channel product suite. You will wear many hats and lead across functional teams, technologies, financial products, lender partnerships, and retail categories, which makes this role both challenging and exciting. You will stretch between shaping products and platforms in the concept development stage, to accelerating growth and profitability of in-market financial products.
To be successful in this pivotal role, you will have deep experience in product management, and designing, developing, and managing the rollout of products in the fintech category. You have experience as a thought leader within the lending fintech industry. You have a vision for where the lending financial services and retail industries are going in the next 5-10 years and ability to express it/sell it clearly within Vyze and externally to customers, prospects, and analysts.
Who You Are
This position requires strong problem solving, planning, and communications skills, as well as a technical understanding of enterprise software, software-as-a-service (SaaS), customer IT environments, and security and compliance requirements associated with financial technologies. Exposure and understanding of the financing, lending, and banking industry is critical for this role. The Senior Product Manager must be comfortable working closely with sales, marketing, engineering and professional services, as well as with prospects, customers and partners. You are a tenacious thought-leader who thrives on the challenge of solving complex problems and a passionate product management professional with a solid history of successfully launching, managing and leading product roadmaps.
Strategic thought leadership, business acumen, technical acumen, strong design thinking, and the ability to drive impact across disciplines and organizations are all required to be successful in this role. We look for people that are passionate about the customer, possess a real passion for continuous growth, and a burning curiosity for what’s next. If this sounds like you, we’d love to meet you.
What You’ll Do
- Lead cross-functional teams in integrating lender financial products to the Vyze platform, thinking end-to-end about their integration and effectively prioritizing integration layers to deliver business value quickly
- Translate lender partner financial products into user-centered design features of the Vyze platform for retailers and consumer
- Be ultimately accountable for building the right financial products, the right platform features to support the financial products, and the right team dynamics to move swiftly in building out Vyze’s financial product portfolio
- Identify, shape and implement innovative business models unlocked by new emerging technologies and experiences to create value for Vyze’s lending partners
- Lead key strategy work streams including monetization design, roadmap planning, and lender retention optimization
- Partner with multiple product development teams to optimize product features, UX and value, ensuring they map all the way up to corporate objectives
- Establish yourself as the Lender Product SME for collaboration with sales and professional services departments on client deals
- Internalize and represent the “Voice of the Lender” to the team throughout the product lifecycle, using it to shape the look, feel, flow, and functionality of the product experience
- Transform customer insights into actionable and prioritized business and product requirements
- Regularly and frequently measure how we are doing and drive priorities to improve
- Coordinate between departments regarding product status, direction, and requirements
- Participate in strategic planning for both short- and long-term product direction and vision
- Lead, evangelize and influence needed change through a position with significant scope
What It Takes To Do The Job
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in software product management and business analysis
- Exposure and understanding of the financing, lending, and banking industry
- Deep understanding of lending transaction management systems and financial services economics
- Ability to manage large, complex requirements, breaking them down into specific requirements and prioritize those requirements, based on business needs
- Experience in gathering and transforming business needs into product requirements and developing actionable product roadmap
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts
- Experience managing cloud-based software, preferably SaaS products
- Solid understanding and experience with Agile SCRUM methodologies
- Demonstrated ability in using customer data to make decisions
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Experience working with teams with ambitious objectives and deadlines
- Ability to interface on a technical level with both management and engineering/development teams
- Ability to interface with users and empathize with their needs
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to effectively juggle multiple tasks and multiple, potentially conflicting priorities
- Passion for delivering projects on time with the highest levels of quality
- Execution focus, ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and resolve issues
- Team oriented, and thrives in highly collaborative situations
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interacting with both engineering and business teams
- Experience working in high-growth early-stage, technology startup companies
- A good sense of humor will go a long way at Vyze!
Think you’re up for the challenge? Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com