Vyze is an Austin-based financial technology start-up that is reinventing the way brands offer financing to their customers. Vyze combines state of the art technology and lending resources together into a platform so businesses can create the most satisfying financing experiences for their customers across every touch point. We propel company growth and enhance brand loyalty for brands while making a positive difference for consumers.
At Vyze, it is our mission to unlock the potential of our business, their customers and most importantly our employees. We do this by embracing the diversity of our team and empowering our employees and everyone we work with in the process. We know it takes a strong team working together to build a leading business. We pride ourselves on being savvy in our industry, driven to succeed, and delivering on our promises. Celebrating our successes and acknowledging teammates for great work keeps us motivated to push forward and strive for excellence. That’s what makes us Vyzers.
Who you are
We are looking for a dynamic and driven Senior Sales Engineer, who will partner with our sales team as a key solution advisor, serving as a product advocate for prospects and customers. You are primarily responsible for building client credibility and working directly with prospects and to ensure the right product is applied to meet the customer’s needs. You must be able to understand the issues and challenges of the client’s business process, to collaborate with clients in expressing their solution requirements, identifying the product that meets their needs and identifying acceptance criteria. This role is a member of the sales organization, but will operate cross-functionally with product management, delivery consultants, project managers, technology and product marketing.
The Senior Sales Engineer must possess a blend of business analysis, process management, change management and problem solving skills, in order to provide a consultative point-of-view, in tailoring Vyze’s products for client success. You should have an entrepreneurial, start-up mentality, with the ability to adapt and iterate quickly, and be capable of (and comfortable with) taking smart risks to solve important problems. You must excel at handling several projects concurrently. You must have the ability to understand a complex financing marketplace, and establish a deep understanding of product and platform capabilities. You will collaborate with prospects, clients, project managers, product managers, architects, and key stakeholders, from the inception to the completion of a project. Projects may include both external client implementations of our core products and internal enhancements to the products.
What you’ll do
- Prepare and provide product demos and presentations to address the business needs of prospects and
- Qualify prospects and customers, identify and uncover business needs and product solution through Discovery and Needs
- Work closely with the Sales Executive(s) in the development and outline of an initial solution approach, to support efficient movement of the prospect through the buy-cycle, aligning and mapping customer needs to existing product
- Collaborate with the Delivery Consultant(s) for detailed product verification and gap identification, ensuring that customer expectations can be met by existing or roadmap product
- Recommend, propose, and present solutions consisting of Vyze software products and professional services, based on customer need & business analysis
- Work with Product and Delivery to evolve existing products based on customer/market requirements.
- Ensure that new signings are seamlessly transitioned from sales to client delivery
- Act as the “voice of the retailer” in providing feedback to the product team on new or enhanced features
- Act as a liaison between sales and product management, technology, and delivery teams
What it takes to do the job
- Minimum of 8 years of professional services/sales
- Mastery of the Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio to drive communication to internal & external stakeholders
- Passion for solving client challenges, with exceptional problem-solving abilities
- Apply broad knowledge of services, products and marketing techniques to partner with sales executive and help close
- Ability to collaborate with technical teams, sales, and other senior business leaders on a daily basis
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical people
- Demonstrated success managing internal/external client expectations and communications
- Proven leadership, strategic thinking, analytical and organizational skills
- Positive, “can do” attitude, with the ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Self-motivated, maniacal attention to detail, and a desire to produce the highest quality work
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, early stage environment, while helping build out a mature organization
- Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines and juggle several assignments simultaneously
- Knowledge of retail point-of-sale and payment processing systems
- Requires frequent travel
- Experience in consumer lending or retail industry preferred
- Experience creating and revising process maps/flows, configuration requirements, user stories/use cases, technical requirements, and acceptance criteria will be beneficial