Senior Sales Engineer
Vyze is an Austin-based financial technology start-up that is reinventing the way large enterprise brands offer financing to their customers. Vyze combines state of the art technology and lending resources together into a platform so businesses can create the most satisfying financing experiences for their customers across every touch point. We propel company growth and enhance brand loyalty for brands while making a positive difference for consumers.
At Vyze, it is our mission to unlock the potential of our business, their customers and most importantly our employees. We do this by embracing the diversity of our team and empowering our employees and everyone we work with in the process. We know it takes a strong team working together to build a leading business. We pride ourselves on being savvy in our industry, driven to succeed, and delivering on our promises. Celebrating our successes and acknowledging teammates for great work keeps us motivated to push forward and strive for excellence. That’s what makes us Vyzers.
We are looking for a dynamic and self-driven Senior Sales Engineer, who will partner with our sales team as a key solution advisor, serving as a product advocate for prospects and customers, and acting as the cornerstone of the sales engineering function. You are primarily responsible for building client credibility and working directly with prospects and to ensure the right product is applied to meet the customer’s needs. You must be able to understand the issues and challenges of the client’s business process, to collaborate with clients in expressing their solution requirements, identifying the product that meets their needs and identifying acceptance criteria. This role is a member of the sales organization, but will operate cross-functionally with product management, delivery consultants, project managers, technology and product marketing.
The Senior Sales Engineer must possess a blend of business analysis, process management, change management and problem-solving skills in order to provide a consultative point-of-view in tailoring Vyze’s products for client success. You should have a start-up mentality, with the ability to adapt and iterate quickly, and be capable of – and comfortable with – taking smart risks to solve important problems. You must excel at handling several projects concurrently and operate with a bias for action. You must have the ability to understand a complex financing marketplace and establish a deep understanding of product and platform capabilities. You will collaborate with prospects, clients, project managers, architects, and key stakeholders throughout the sales cycle and to the point of transition to the Client Delivery team.
- Prepare and provide product demos and presentations to address the business needs of prospects and customers that spans across primary, secondary, and tertiary financing.
- Document initial retailer technical discovery for Product and Client Delivery map and gap identification across the full transaction lifecycle inclusive of apply, buy, clear, dispute, and reporting.
- Identify and uncover business needs and product solutioning from Discovery through Validation sales stages.
- Work closely with the Sales Executive(s) to outline initial solution and approach to move prospects efficiently through the buy cycle, and map customer needs to existing product offerings.
- Collaborate with the Delivery Consultant(s) for detailed product verification and product gap identification, ensuring that customer expectations can be met by existing or roadmap product enhancements.
- Recommend, propose, and present retailers with a solution overview to assist the retailer in tee shirt sizing level of effort for integration to the Vyze platform
- Work with Product and Delivery to evolve existing products based on customer/market requirements and “voice of the retailer (VOR)”.
- Ensure that new signings are seamlessly transitioned from sales to client delivery via the Vyze Blueprint process.
- Act as the primary liaison between sales and product management, technology, and delivery teams
- Formally present solutions, integration overviews, and lead technical discovery sessions with large retailers
- Maintain the Presales Resource library inclusive of product sheets, discovery templates, demos, and all documentation
Required Skills, Experience, & Qualifications
- Minimum of 8 years of large enterprise presales and sales engineering
- Experience working in Fintech with a concentration in consumer lending or retail industry
- Mastery of the Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio to drive communication to internal & external stakeholders
- Working knowledge of SFDC
- Passion for solving client challenges, with exceptional problem-solving abilities
- Apply broad knowledge of services, products and marketing techniques to partner with sales executive and help close sales.
- Ability to collaborate with technical teams, sales, and other senior business leaders on a daily basis
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical people
- Demonstrated success managing internal/external client expectations and communications
- Proven leadership, strategic thinking, analytical and organizational skills
- Positive, “can do” attitude, with the ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Self-motivated, maniacal attention to detail, and a desire to produce the highest quality work
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, early stage environment, while helping build out a mature organization
- Demonstrated ability of presenting product and solution demos
- Experience working with product and services that follow a transaction lifecyle
- Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines and juggle several assignments simultaneously
- Knowledge of retail point of sale and payment processing systems
- Requires frequent travel.
- Creating and revising process maps/flows, configuration requirements, user stories/use cases, technical requirements, and acceptance criteria beneficial
How to apply
Think you’re the perfect fit? Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com