Vice President of Sales
Vyze is an Austin-based financial technology start-up that is reinventing the way brands offer financing to their customers. Vyze is disrupting the $250 billion retail consumer finance industry by combining state of the art technology and lending resources together into a platform so businesses can create the most satisfying financing experiences for their customers across every touch point. We propel company growth and enhance brand loyalty for brands while making a positive difference for consumers.
We are looking for a rock star sales leader that isn’t afraid to roll up his or her sleeves, take on the challenges thrown their way and work aggressively with a style of “getting shit done!” The role requires a seasoned strategic leader with a broad, well-rounded set of skills, the highest level of integrity and energy, passion and enthusiasm to learn new things and take on high-growth responsibilities, and a demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment. The position will report directly to the CEO.
At Vyze, it is our mission to unlock the potential of our business, their customers and most importantly our employees. We do this by embracing the diversity of our team and empowering our employees and everyone we work with in the process. We know it takes a strong team working together to build a leading business. We pride ourselves on being savvy in our industry, driven to succeed, and delivering on our promises. Celebrating our successes and acknowledging teammates for great work keeps us motivated to push forward and strive for excellence. That’s what makes us Vyzers.
Who You Are
You are a tenacious, seasoned, supportive sales leader, who leads from the front and has a strong history of strategically aligning sales with company objectives, of developing a dynamic and successful sales team while building sustainable growth through enterprise accounts and key partner channels. You believe the best sales organizations leverage their access to customers as an unfair advantage to build better products. You have built and managed large teams with ambitious goals, and you understand the discipline required to create an efficient sales machine and how to leverage sales tools to give your sales team the advantage.
This role will report to the CEO and is accountable of the overall success of sales growth at Vyze. You believe that there truly is no “I” in team, so you’re dedicated to building and motivating strong collaborative teams, working cross-functionally with other departments, specifically technology, marketing, and customer success, to achieve dynamic success. You’ll work hard, but you’ll also know how to celebrate your team’s wins.
What you’ll do
- Leverage your extensive experience in B2B and B2B2C sales to inform and influence your decisions around territory, segmentation, specialization, and team structure – this is not your first rodeo.
- Work as a partner with the CEO to plan and execute against the company’s ambitious goals for client growth and expansion into new revenue categories
- Develop an integrated sales strategy to exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue targets with an eye towards cost
- Work with marketing on an integrated and sophisticated target account penetration plan
- Provide leadership, direction and education to the high-performing sales team.
- Partner with HR and Recruiting to develop and create exciting, sustainable compensation plans.
- Act as an executive sponsor on key accounts and develop growth within those accounts
- Develop a strategy to consistently beat revenue targets while marshaling centralized resources across multiple markets
- Collaborate across the organization to manage post-sales activities, including the gathering of customer feedback, continued relationship building, future sales forecasting, and evaluation of sales process
- Identify how the company prioritizes growth across all of its markets, from marketing campaigns and cold outreach activity to retention plays and upsell opportunities
- Provide for ongoing development of account information, opportunities, initiative plans and contract management, C-level weekly reports, dashboards, and pipeline reports.
- Develop and launch sales training curriculum, establish and promote ongoing training calendar
- Identify opportunities for new products to drive efficiencies and grow revenues, and work with the company’s VP Product Management to bring them to life
What does it take to do the job?
- A sales career that demonstrates progression through the ranks, with at least five years in a Director or VP of Sales role with organizations used to YoY bookings growth of 50%+
- 10-15 years direct, relevant experience, and a proven track record of success in enterprise software and/or SaaS sales and sales management
- Experience building and motivating strong, metrics-driven SaaS sales teams in a B2B environment
- A hands-on contributor with strong management skills and experience building high-performing teams, including recruiting and retaining talent, and developing team members
- Experience and success in a relevant industry or demonstrated success across multiple verticals will be required
- Working knowledge / previous sales success in the financial services retail industries is an advantage
- Experience working in high-growth early-stage, technology startup companies
- A strong knowledge of SalesForce, marketing automation and sales 2.0 tools is a strong advantage
- A good sense of humor will go a long way at Vyze!
Think you’re up for the challenge? Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org